A true Renaissance man, James is considered the world’s foremost authority on applied imagination, having studied human behavior for more than 30 years. Since childhood, James wanted to make the impossible into the possible. This has led to a life-long fascination with the subconscious and the power of the imagination.
Speaker, coach, best-selling author, clinical hypnotist and performer, Mapes is recognized for his ability to inspire, motivate, educate and guide others to develop and enhance the unlimited potential of their creative imagination and incalculable powers of the mind. His programs address creativity, motivation, leadership, change, wellness and peak performance.
In addition, Mapes has ignited audiences with his critically acclaimed hypnosis show, Journey Into the Imagination. More than two million people have marveled at this unique presentation at Performing Arts Centers and universities, plus Manhattan’s Town Hall and Lincoln Center – winning praise from the media, including the New York Times, Variety and the New York Daily News. He is branded as “The Imaginologist.”
As creator of Quantum Leap Thinking™ and the Transformational Coach™, James Mapes is one of the most sought-after international speakers in the corporate industry today. He has worked with hundreds of public and private companies in more than 70 countries.
- IMAGINE THAT! Igniting Your Brain for Creativity and Peak PerformanceIn this cutting-edge, practical and entertaining program, James captures and holds the audience’s attention with dynamic, compelling stories and inter-active demonstrations that leave no doubt that you can achieve what you imagine.James skillfully stretches perceptions to see new possibilities. He guides his audience to recognize how the powerful mental pictures we all carry around definitely impact the opportunities we see and the choices we make. The audience leaves this thought-provoking, interactive, fascinating and inspiring journey having learned:
- How to replace old beliefs with a compelling new vision that energizes at every level.
- How to recognize, break through and let go of fears that sabotage success.
- How to reduce negative stress and become more mindful.
- How to motivate and propel to action by identifying core values.
- How to improve productivity using ‘stretch goals’ and applied imagination.
- MIND OVER BODY: Harness Vision to Create a Wellness Strategy
In Mind Over Body, audiences gain a fresh, unique perspective on health, wellness and productivity. James simplifies the latest research in brain science into easy and enjoyable solutions. James projects an amazing, positive energy, radiating passion about the elegance of the imagination and the incredible power of the human mind and spirit. The attendees will leave this interactive, thought-provoking and inspiring program having learned:
- How to influence the subconscious with optimistic, affirmative suggestions.
- How use mental imagery to reduce anxiety.
- How to “reframe” negative thinking to instill hope and confidence.
- How to create a personal vision to inspire wellness and achieve goals.
- How to meditate in five minutes for mindfulness.
- How to recognize and break through the fear that impedes wellness.
- TRUE LEADERSHIP: The Neuroscience of Effective Leaders
In 2018’s confusing and complex business world, it is important to push aside the clutter and get back to a fundamental understanding of why “true” leadership traits are essential for success. The adage “leaders are born, not made” is questionable, since it takes hard work to craft a leadership style that works for each individual.
In this provocative, lively and interactive presentation, renowned “evangelist of the imagination,” brain researcher, break-through thinking coach and best-selling author, James Mapes, incorporates his legendary humor with an array of audience exercises to reveal:
- The five “culturally and morally neutral” traits of all successful leaders.
- Why morality, a nice disposition and power do not necessarily make a great leader.
- A guide to transform and enhance a personal leadership style.
- How to craft an emotionally charged, clearly compelling and realistic future vision
James Mapes’ customer conference session IMAGINE THAT! was a huge success. James has a very engaging style and he focused on making sure that audience takes away something tangible out of his session. His high audience ratings reflected the impact he made.
Ketan Mehta, CEO